Sometimes, you just need to ask someone who’s been there before.
I’ve been in ecommerce for over a decade and run one of the original ecommerce holding companies, Elements Brands. We’ve acquired lots of brands and driven hundreds of millions in revenue. But before all that, I worked in private equity and investment banking, and graduated with a finance degree from Wake Forest University, a top 20 ranked business school. I’ve worked on 8 and 9 figure M&A deals, and have experience raising equity and debt capital.
As your company scales up, it helps to have someone in your corner who has walked the path before.
- Optimize your financial stack. I meet with SO MANY entrepreneurs who have optimized their ad accounts to the hilt, but have never spent time optimizing their business’s finances. If you are running a business and have not spent time dialing in your credit cards, bank accounts, vendor terms, cash conversion cycle, and lines of credit – I am confident your business is leaking tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. I can help you put that back in your pocket. See an example of how I help founders save thousands.
- Evaluate and buy a business. I have personally evaluated thousands of deals, acquired 8 – I know where the bodies are typically buried. I can help you thoroughly evaluate a business you’re considering buying, and share diligence lists built over a decade of acquiring small businesses.
- Sell your business. Ever wonder why some businesses sell for higher multiples than others? There are specific things buyers really look for when acquiring a business, and the sellers who get the highest valuations often start planning for an exit at lest a year in advance. Working with me for 6-12 months before you hire a broker to maximize your exit.
- CEO strategy coaching. As you transition from founder to “CEO”, you’re probably feeling like you somehow got a totally different job. You spend much more time on long-term company strategy, managing people, setting goals, and reporting out to lenders and investors. I can help coach you on managing that transition.
- “Board of One”. Even if you haven’t raised a dime of outside money, you probably recognize the value of the structure, accountability, and mentorship that a board of advisors can provide. I’ve worked as a “board of one” for several founders, helping them layer on best practices that took the their companies to the next level.
- Independent / outside board member. If you’re looking to add someone to your formal board of directors or advisors with deep experience in ecommerce, please reach out.
Do any of these sound like a fit?
If so, I’d love to learn more about your business and see if we are a match. I only take a few clients at a time so I can focus deeply on each one, and my rates begin at $1,000/hour. This allows me to focus deeply on a smaller number of founders over longer engagements.
If you’re interested in learning more, please drop me a quick note using the form below, or if you’re more of a face-to-face person, use this link to book a free 20 minute Zoom chat to discuss consulting.